Friday, February 13, 2009

Who thought cereal could brighten up your day?

I was thinking that I would blog today during the boy's nap but wasn't sure what to write about.....then when we got home from the gym and I was taking Carson upstairs for his nap, I grabbed a couple pieces of cereal sitting on the kitchen island for him to snack on while going upstairs. I didn't think anything of it, I just thought he might like it. You would have thought I just gave him the world. His eyes lit up and he got the biggest smile on his face. Of course, when taking Cooper upstairs, I had to do the same thing. Cooper just looked at the cereal in his hand and started laughing hysterically. He put all 3 pieces in his mouth and continued his laughing while hugging my neck.

If only we could get that excited about all of the small little surprises that happen in our daily lives. It reminds me that I need to slow down more often and just enjoy what is happening in the moment......maybe I will give Chris a couple pieces of cereal on his way up to bed tonight and see his reaction:)

Have a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Faith said...

HA!! That was awesome!! You're right, I want to get excited about the small things too! By the way, let me know what Chris does when you give him the cereal tonight!! =D

Meghan said...

That's a great story! Your boys are adorable... judging by their overwhelming gratitude and joy in the little things... you are obviously doing a great job teaching them to be well mannered! :)