Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why not a shower?

I just sat down from finishing my "daily chores" after I got the boys to bed. Chris is gone on Tuesday nights, so I get more "reflection time" while doing my chores on Tuesdays. Below is a list of everything that I did within 1 1/2 hours....
* 2 loads of laundry
* made 20 pancakes for breakfasts
* washed all bottles and sippy cups
* cleaned up dinner
* put away load of dishes that were clean
* filled dishwasher with dirty dishes
* got boy's meals ready for tomorrow
* made iced tea
* mopped floor
* checked email

As I was unloading a load of laundry, it dawned on me: If I can multi-task and do all of these things, why is it that I can't find time during the day with the boys to fit in a shower? I woke up late this morning and kept thinking (I'll just take a shower when they go down for a nap), but that didn't happen. The day just seems to go by with so many things to do that time just slips away.

For those of you that are scared about the no shower thing, don't worry, I will fit it in before I go to bed:)

If any of you experienced moms have any tips, I would love to hear them. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day and enjoys the rest of your week. Please keep the boys in your prayers. They have been quite sick this week (with nebulizer treatments), however they seem to be on the mend.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

HA! How ironic!! Eric came home last night... gave me a kiss and said "did you take a shower today??".

I wish I could offer some advice... but I'm right with you - time slips away!! :) I'm happy if I remember to brush my teeth some days!! :)